Hello friends. I’m sorry if it seems like I pump out more personal updates than I do game reviews on Sega Does. It’s not intentional! My world has just been hectic for the last year. I’m still not fully recovered from both crippling loss and an overall lack of time.
That being said, I’m going to limit site/personal updates to four times a year, one for every season. Since fall started last week, I’m technically behind. So, happy fall everyone! Enjoy the update.
- I’m in talks to resurrect the podcast with a different partner. Nothing’s concrete yet, but I’m excited to see what could happen. Details should emerge by the end of the month or November at the latest, so stay tuned for that.
- If you’ve stuck around Sega Does for the last couple months, you’ve probably noticed guest reviewers Taylor Pinson, Peter Skerritt, and Greg Sewart. These gents have knowledge on particular Sega hardware/games that I don’t have, and their insight has been invaluable. Expect them to return in the future.
- Reviews will return on Monday. I’m going to try to make it through Phantasy Star III by then, but no promises…
Now onto the hard stuff. Views are down. Comments have all but disappeared. Interest in Sega Does is at a low point. I’m not blaming anyone but myself for this. I’ve had a terrible time keeping up with the site due to life shenanigans. Losing the podcast was also a huge blow.
That being said, I’d like to invest time and effort into Sega Does in a manner that will draw people in. I don’t expect the blog to be a cash cow or anything, but it would be nice to see continual growth and engagement from the community.
So I have a couple questions for you, the readers:
- What would make you want to engage more with Sega Does, if anything?
- Is there anything about Sega Does that you wish was different?
Whether you comment frequently or have never commented before, I encourage everyone to leave some feedback and/or constructive criticism. The goal with this is to make Sega Does a site retro gamers want to visit, nothing more.
Thanks for all your help and support. See ya Monday!